Friday 20 April 2018

It´s been a while...../ Que ha sido un tiempo

I had almost forgotten about having a blog but now that so many things have happened in my life since my last blog post I thought it was about time I started to update things somewhat!!  
Firstly, I now live in the beautiful north of Scotland. Here I am lucky enough to have the opportunity to photograph the most breathtaking landscapes, seascapes and the wildlife that lives within it all.  I can walk my lovely collie Marli along the beach each morning and watch the different birds as the seasons change.  I have really taken on board photography and have started to sell my photographs in earnest rather than just as a byproduct of my drawing and painting.  I haven´t done much in the way of drawings or paintings in the last couple of years due to family and friend commitments. I did the first pencil drawing since 2015 of a lovely retriever around Christmas time.  I followed on from this with a couple of very little "sketchy" watercolours inspired by wildlife in Scotland.  I plan to do more of these little watercolours and will try to keep you updated of works that will be for sale.  I have now  once again after the 2 year break, started accepting a very limited number of pencil drawing commissions so if you are interested do get in touch soon - I have already taken 2 commissions and I will be sticking to a very limited number each year!  
I have still been going out to Spain to visit friends and studs there and finally bought myself a lovely PRE filly (Andalucian horse).  She is 2 years old now and will hopefully be joining me here in Scotland in the next month or so... I will keep you updated with her progress as she grows and learns new things - it´s been a long time since I had a young horse to work with so I am really looking forward to it again.  For now I will leave you today with the 2 little watercolour sketches that I did of the wildlife here.  One is a Red Squirrel, the second is a Crested Tit. Both are mixed media, pencil, watercolour and pen.  I hope you will enjoy the return of activity to my blog and I would be delighted if you would like to recommend it to your friends so that they may follow the news and updates. 
Casi me había olvidado de tener un blog, pero ahora que han pasado tantas cosas en mi vida desde mi última publicación en el blog, pensé que ya era hora de que comenzara a actualizar las cosas un poco.

En primer lugar, ahora vivo en el hermoso norte de Escocia. Aquí tengo la suerte de tener la oportunidad de fotografiar los paisajes más impresionantes, paisajes marinos y la vida silvestre que vive dentro de todo. Puedo caminar a mi encantador collie Marli a lo largo de la playa cada mañana y observar las diferentes aves a medida que cambian las estaciones. Realmente tomé fotografía a bordo y comencé a vender mis fotografías en serio en lugar de solo como un subproducto de mi dibujo y pintura. No he hecho mucho en cuanto a dibujos o pinturas en los últimos años debido a compromisos familiares y de amigos. Hice el primer dibujo a lápiz desde 2015 de un encantador perro perdiguero en Navidad. Seguí de esto con un par de acuarelas "incompletas" muy pequeñas inspiradas en la vida silvestre en Escocia. Planeo hacer más de estas pequeñas acuarelas y trataré de mantenerlo actualizado sobre las obras que estarán a la venta. Ahora, una vez más, después del receso de 2 años, comencé a aceptar un número muy limitado de comisiones por sorteo de lápiz, así que si está interesado, póngase en contacto pronto. Ya he tomado 2 comisiones y cumpliré un número muy limitado cada año. !

Todavía he estado saliendo a España para visitar a amigos y sementales allí y finalmente me compré una preciosa potra PRE (caballo andaluz). Ahora tiene 2 años y con suerte se unirá a mí aquí en Escocia en el próximo mes más o menos ... Te mantendré actualizado con su progreso a medida que crezca y aprenda nuevas cosas. Ha pasado mucho tiempo desde que tuve un caballo joven con el que trabajar, así que estoy deseando volver a hacerlo. Por ahora los dejo hoy con los 2 pequeños bocetos de acuarela que hice de la vida silvestre aquí. Uno es una ardilla roja, el segundo es un herrerillo. Ambos son medios mixtos, lápiz, acuarela y pluma. Espero que disfrutes el regreso de la actividad a mi blog y estaría encantado si quisieras recomendarlo a tus amigos para que puedan seguir las noticias y actualizaciones.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to make a comment on my blog.