Sunday 10 October 2010

Grand Basset Griffon Vendéen drawing in progress


Spoke to the owners of this lovely Grand Basset Griffon Vendeen today and they are happy for me to blog the progress on her with the drawing. I will say that whilst I always work from top left to bottom right, I often go over bits and change bits that I have done earlier. So, there may be bits that might not work on each day's progress and often with only a part of an animal to look at, it looks incorrect. The work on this photograph has been done over 2 days (yesterday a bit and most of today so far, other than a little nap in the afternoon!). This is a lovely oldish girl who was just so friendly (I am really lucky as most of the animals I meet are nice people!). Below is a little bit about the breed (stolen from Wikipedia). I haven't drawn one before but am enjoying the challenge of the hair so far! :D

The Grand Basset Griffon Vendéen is a long-backed, short legged hunting breed of dog of the hound type, originating in the Vendée region of France. They are still used today to hunt boar, deer, and to track rabbit and hare, but are more commonly kept as a domestic pet.

They are pack dogs, so owners should either spend a lot of time with them or get a second dog or cat. They have a happy and confident personality, which can sometimes manifest itself as disobedience, but they are great companions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to make a comment on my blog.