Tuesday 27 July 2010

Day 32 - Lamorna Cove


Title: Lamorna Cove.
Price: £50.00 (price includes postage & packing within UK - please contact me for other destinations)
Medium: Oil on board
Size: 20cm x 15cm

This is another of my favourite spots in Cornwall. Lamorna Cove. This is where many of the big name artists lived or lived nearby and it is such a pretty little cove and wonderful to paint. You will have seen earlier on in my blogging days that I put some paintings up of it before (before the 100 days project). Munnings, Stanhope Forbes, Lamorna Birch, Laura and Harold Knight to name but a few lived here. I had a long chat one day with a lady who's grandfather rented the stables and studio above to Munnings and her father used to drive them around on their pony and trap between parties. She doesn't own the place where Munnings was now but still has the Mill in Lamorna. When I stayed in Lamorna before, I was in a B & B that once belonged to Laura Knight and I slept in the room that was rented to Florence "Blote" Munnings before she married him. A lovely place in all seasons and weathers.

For terms and conditions of 100 days purchases - please see link at top left of page.

To read about the 100 days blog, please see link at top of page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to make a comment on my blog.